Wednesday, December 15, 2010

My Ideal Vacation

    
     What a perfect time to be blogging about my ideal vacation. With all of this nasty weather, nothing has been on my mind more than dreaming of being on vacation. Seeing how I was lucky enough to take two vacation this year, I've been a little spoiled and am having a hard time coping with this snow. I would be perfectly satisfied with a third trip to Key West, Florida for my next vacation. I say this because it's not a long flight, it's tropical, everyone is so nice and they even speak English. I can't imagine going on a vacation, not knowing anything about the location, and running into everyone that speaks a different language.
     Key West is kind of a tradition for my family. They have so much to offer on such a small island. A few activities that I have had the pleasure of enjoying are snorkeling, par-a-sailing, going on a jet-ski tour, and taking a cruise out on the glass bottom boat. These are all adventures that I would love to experience over and over again, along with a few new ones. I would love to go out kayaking on the ocean, dolphin watching, and taking the shark tour. Alongside all of these adventures, there is plenty of shopping and night life that the island offers. A well-known street called Duval Street has so many unique souvenir shops, along with your typical stores you would find at a mall. This island is so laid back and relaxed; nobody is in a hurry to get anywhere and it just feels like home when you're there. There are so many different hotels, condos and homes for rent that offer nice pools, that when you're there you are just so satisfied with laying pool-side, soaking up the sun. The sun in Key West is so warm and inviting, in fact, there is a popular place called Mallory Square that everyone crowds to just to watch the beautiful sunset.
     I am picturing myself in Key West as I am writing all of this. It seems so real until I feel the heat from the wood stove and look outside to find the white, much despised, snow. My husband and I are saving up to hopefully go back to Key West next year, but until then it will just be my ideal vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment