Deciding where to have my wedding and reception was the hardest part of planning my wedding. Did I want to have a Catholic wedding in a church or a more intimate wedding on the beach? I, personally, am more of a quiet, intimate person and prefer not to be center of attention, so we decided to have a destination wedding. Our destination: Key West, Florida. We chose this destination because my parents have visited several times and love it and my fiancée, Dustin, and I went for a friend’s wedding and we fell in love as well.
The company we chose was very affordable and offered a wide variety of options for us. The flower bouquet, boutonniere, photographer, ceremony and location are all provided by the company. I was able to choose from over fifty different flower bouquets and there is also a lot of décor available for an extra cost. We were able to pick any date any day of the week to get married. We knew we wanted to get married in October, but when we found out that they perform ceremonies seven days a week, we immediately went for 10-10-10. Getting married on the beach gives us a little more lee-way on what to wear. I am still wearing a full wedding gown, but with cute, white flip-flops and Dustin is wearing khaki pants, sandals, and a short-sleeve purple button-down shirt. Purple is my favorite color and I wanted to incorporate that into my destination wedding also, so our families are both coordinating with the color purple, too! The number of guests is unlimited, so anyone who can afford the trip is more than welcome to attend. We have about seventeen people who will be celebrating our special day with us.
Planning our destination wedding has been both fun and exciting. Now, that everything is set in stone, we’re just anxiously waiting for our vacation/wedding get-away to arrive! If you or anyone you know are interested in getting married in Key West, I highly recommend visiting http://www.weddingstogokeywest.com/

First, I would like to say congrats. I have never been to Florida, but I know a few friends that live there. I think your planning choice was a great idea, and to let you know that my fiancee and I was choosing St. Lucia in the Virgin Islands. Best wishes to both of you.
ReplyDelete